Saturday, April 28, 2007

I Hate Shopping

My entire wardrobe consists of two and a half pair of jeans that fit, lots of T-shirts and a metric buttload of men's Hanes over-the-calf athletic socks in white or grey.

Quite the fashion statement, don't you think?

I dislike buying clothing for several reasons:

  1. Nothing EVER fits me properly
  2. Nothing EVER looks good on me
  3. Everything is so expensive
  4. I would rather spend my money on an Ant Farm, flameworking stuff or toys for my pets

In thinking about what to pack for Europe, it's really pretty easy: Jeans and... um... T-shirts. Hopefully shirts without holes in them. Almost all my shirts have holes in them. Molten glass, cockatoo beaks and the passage of time have seen to that. LOL!

I did actually buy a pair of walking shoes for the trip. Yay me! Of course, I bought them used on eBay! They were a great deal, plus I had signed up for some PayPal promotion that credited me with $15 right after I paid for the shoes. They arrived today and they are splendid!

Today we're going shopping. Not for clothes, thank goodness, but for a converter thingie so I can plug in my notebook, cell and camera across the Great Big Sea. Oh, and we need a Spanish phrasebook. Maybe if I'm feeling frisky I'll pick up another pair of jeans while we're out.

Nah.

******************************

Home from shopping. Got some stuff:

  • Spanish (Castillan) phrase book
  • Another set of electrical adapters from Radio Shack
  • A dozen pair of panties (Woohoo!)
  • Nick & Nora Cowgirl print PJs
  • Laser pointer (for my presentation, and for the dog and parrots)
  • Hour Game by David Baldacci (gotta have a book when I travel)

And John and I got matching Mossimo messenger bags. I never find purses I like, but I liked this bag and showed John and he was ALL over it. LOL! I did convince him to get the black/brown one so that I could get the olive/brown one that I liked. I must admit: John is really fun to shop with.

It's pretty cool with him being kilted all the time. The clerk at Target said, "So what are you doing here? Visiting?" And he gets a lot of "You must be one of those dancers" and "Do you play the bagpipes?" Of course, there's always the smartass that points and says, "Hey! That guy's wearing a skirt!!!"

The best response to the last one? "It's called a kilt, because I kilt the last guy who called it a skirt."

I love that man o' mine!

No comments: