Monday, April 30, 2007

IT'S FINISHED!

I was up until about 6-ish this morning putting the finishing touches on my presentation. I really like it!


The "official" presentation covers a bit of Toledo glass history and the Glass Pavilion in addition to images of my work. So that I can control the pace myself, it's very "click based". I did a special version for my mom (Hi, Mom!) that just has my work in it. It's an auto-play CD, too, so she doesn't have to do anything to make it work.


Now that I'm done with that, I only have ten gazillion more things to do in the next week: Tomorrow, the boys get their toenails trimmed, which is always an adventure. Quimby just screams like a girl and practically hyperventilates. Cosmo, on the other hand, yells "NO! OW! OW! HELP!". Like I said: Adventure, with a capital "A". LOL!


John and I are getting our hair cut on Friday. Remember my cool purple/fuchsia streak I used to have? Well I'm getting it back! Yay! And I'm hoping I can go back to my old standard "Catherine Zeta-Jones in Chicago" bob.


So let me ask you this: What is UP with all house slippers being "mules"... You know, they don't have heel ends to the slipper. I like a REAL, whole slipper and it's nearly impossible to find them. Consequently, most of mine are terribly old and beat up. And they smell funny no matter how many times I wash them or how much Febreeze I spray in them. I WANT NORMAL SLIPPERS!


I almost forgot that I've been asked to make something for a museum collection in Spain. Guess I better come up with something, eh? I'm thinking electroformed. Yeah... That's it! Something electroformed and on a stand.




It's my contention that the perceived value of a vessel increases dramatically when it moves from being jewelry (on a chain) to being a display piece (on a stand). Go figure.


I work really well under pressure, usually, so hopefully I'll come up with something that I'll be proud to offer.

No comments: