Saturday, April 28, 2007

Indecision...

Usually, I'm very decisive. I'm finding that isn't the case when it comes to planning this European trip. It's not like we'll be going to Ireland and Spain every year, and I want it to be PERFECT.

Ireland is pretty much all set: Cheryl, the owner of Beadventures, has everything all planned and taken care of. While John and I are there, we're going to visit the ruins of our ancestral castle at Castleknock. Hugh Tiril II, one of our ancestors, was the First Baron of Castlenock, Ireland, in 1173. He was with Strongbow in Ireland in 1169, at the siege of Acre in 1191 and in the third Crusade. We're both really into genealogy, so you can imagine how cool this will be for us!

Spain, on the other hand, poses some interesting dilemmas. We'll be in Madrid for two days during the Fiesta of San Isidro, the biggest festival of the year. Finding a hotel room was a challenge. My first choice hotel was booked solid, so I ended up booking at a cool 400 year old (recently renovated) place. All they had available was a high tech suite: Really spectacular, with a price tag to match. I was then contacted by the FIRST hotel, as they found a room for me. Argh. I don't know which to pick!

One "must do" thing while we're there is dinner at the world's oldest restaurant (1725).

I've booked our round-trip flights from Dublin to Madrid. Each of us can have 44 pounds of baggage total. I have NO idea what to do with the rest of our stuff. Leave it in Dublin somewhere? Shoot, I can't visit my mom for a weekend with only 44 pounds of baggage. LOL!

We shipped 160 hollow mandrels to Escuela del Vidrio today. That will certainly help.

No comments: