Tuesday, May 1, 2007

TORNADO!

We took the boys to the vet today to get their nails done. Quimby was a hoot, and Cosmo was pretty subdued. The weather was glorious, and we drove through Wendy's afterwards to reward them with french fries. They think it's amazing that you can talk to a box and then someone hands you food. LOL!
We are under a tornado warning right now, lasting until 7 PM. We've had lots of hail, a little rain and no wind at all. The warning sirens keep going off. I have all my studio equipment unplugged, just in case we get a lightning strike: I wouldn't want to lose my natural gas booster, my kilns or my O2 generator! I was kinda hoping to melt some glass tonight. I guess I'll finish my paperwork for Eugene and Red Deer instead.

This isn't a strong enough series of cells to make it a storm worth chasing, or I'd be out in it. I LOVE CHASING TORNADOS! I'm a National Weather Service trained chaser, and have participated in the Skywarn system. I'm an amateur radio operator: KA8ELJ.

Things are falling into place as far as prep for the trip goes: John's doing shipping tomorrow, we get haircuts Friday, boys have their toenails trimmed, we have plenty of various pet foods in the house, the laundry is done, I'm caught up on email... I may even have a couple of hours to relax before we leave!

I decided that I'll take some wire and show my Ireland companions how to do Viking Knit. We'll be visiting some Museums in Dublin, focusing on Viking beads and influence in Ireland. The Viking Knit seems like a good tie-in, don't you think? Oh! That just reminded me that I have to get stuff together for my Super Top Secret Ireland Project! Geez! I almost forgot! And it will take me a while to get it all together, so I'd best get to work!

2 comments:

Ladybug said...

Tink,
You are amazing, awesome and
incredible! You never cease to
amaze me!
Your glass work is to die for.
Have a great day.
Your #1 fan,
Ladybug

Tink said...

HI MOM!

I can't believe I didn't know this was you until you told me! LOL! Who else would be my #1 fan though, right?

I love you,
Tink