Thursday, May 3, 2007

Almost finished!

I've been working on two of the surprises for my Ireland companions today. I have a tendency to come up with ideas that sound simple in my head, but the execution is... Well, long and drawn out or complicated. But of course, once I've decided to do something, I pour my heart into making it happen. I am totally finished with one project, and sort of close to finishing the LAST ONE! Yay!

I think I'll finish up too late tonight to get any torching done, and we have appointments with our hair guy smack dab in the middle of the day tomorrow. Which, for me, means no torching until we get home. When I know I'll have to stop after a few hours, it keeps me from beginning at all. I've always been like that. I need to have huge chunks of uninterrupted time to work.

The schedule for my DVD is right on track: We start work on it when I get home from Europe. The Toledo Museum has graciously allowed us to do the taping at the Glass Pavilion, which is way cool. The problem may be all the GLASS in the PAVILION: Too much ambient light? I dunno. That's something my production team will have to work out. I need to suggest that at least one of them drop in over there during the day and determine if that will be an issue or not.

I've done videos before, when I was working in another medium, and the technology is SO MUCH better now! I really hope we'll have the DVD ready to go out by the end of June. How's THAT for optimistic? Oh, and I'm also thinking about offering it as a DVD only or as a kit. The kit would include five hollow mandrels and a handle tool in addition to the DVD. Good idea?

Anyway, I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel as far as The Trip goes: Finish the project, make some vessels, finish packing. I should be able to get that done by Monday, right?

No comments: