Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Really worn out this evening...

I spent today tidying up loose ends. For someone as compulsive about business and correspondence as I am, I was kind of shocked at how much I needed to do.

Set up a week of classes at the Appalachian Center for Craft in Smithville, TN (June 2 - 6). We like to do a few non-profits during the year, and these folks came highly recommended. It should be a blast!

Finished up my paperwork for Red Deer. Still need to finish up the paperwork for Eugene. Talked to Corning. Again. Handled orders and last minute requests, as today was our last day for shipping until June. Worked more on the Top Secret Ireland Project. I sure hope I get it done in time! Eek!

Went to the post office with John, then we spent the evening with my brother, Randy, and his family in their new home. I thought it would me more difficult for me to just hang out than it was. I think my recent hospitalization put some things in perspective for me. It was wonderful spending time with them. and their home is adorable and full of character. Randy is a great cook, and we had BBQ ribs, hamburgers and some other goodies. My nephew, Hunter, let me have his electronic retro-looking ray gun!!!! It is SO COOL! I love ray guns and retro-type rocketry and robots...

No errands to run tomorrow, so I should get a lot done: Finish the Ireland Project, finish packing, maybe even torch a bit. I just realized this afternoon that I've sold all my vessels and have NOTHING to take with me. Not good. Especially considering that I need a piece for a museum in Spain.

We had to change our return flights from Dublin to Detroit, as Travelocity set us up to change planes in two minutes in Boston. Um, no. Don't think so. But John took care of it, and it's all great. We end up getting home three minutes sooner, too, which I know I'll appreciate at that point.

Today really left me wiped out. Now the OLD Tink would have said 'screw it', and kept on working until she dropped. Literally. The NEW Tink sez 'Hmmm... I better take care of myself and listen to my body. I need to go to bed.'

And so I shall... Sweet dreams to all!

No comments: