Thursday, May 10, 2007

Trains, Sheep and Rainbows...

Greetings from breathtaking Clew Bay in Ireland!

Our day began with a taxi ride to the Dublin train station. When we arrived, we had a fast food version of a full Irish breakfast, which was very good, and very huge! I found a phone card machine and grabbed one that I hope will work. Fingers crossed!

We bought some YUMMMMMMMMY chocolates, some Coke and Pepsi and some shortbread for the long train ride ahead.

The train was excellent: Four seats facing one another in each group, and each such seating had a table in between each set of two seats. I know I'm not explaining it very well, but I'm SO tired! We needn't have worried about needing food for the four hour trip, as a cart went down the aisle part way through, selling food and drink!

The scenery was unbelievable! IRELAND IS SO GREEN!!!! Who knew? LOL! Sheep, sheep and MORE sheep... Everywhere! Looking more like piles of wool than critters. And field after field of the happiest darn cows I have ever seen! As we moved west across the country, the landscape changed. By the time we were in Mulranny, the vistas were so fabulous that I really have no words to describe them...

A word about Beadventures and Cheryl Cobern-Browne: First, any photos you may have seen of Mullac Fraoig (the astounding location for the Ireland Beadventures) and the surrounding area do not even come close to conveying the beauty of the places. It simply cannot be captured in images. Cheryl is an amazingly warm woman who knows how to put together the experience of a lifetime. Thank you, Cheryl!

We did some exploring, then feasted on delicious Irish dishes, including perfect stew and the BEST BREAD PUDDING in the whole world!

At one point this evening I was wondering if there were ANY way possible this trip could be better. At JUST that moment, someone spotted a rainbow arcing across the ski, ending in Clew Bay. *sigh*

After dinner, folks started drifting off to their rooms: It was a LONG day! John and I dipped mandrels and laid out supplies for class tomorrow, so we're ready to go. We have class Thursday, Friday and Sunday, with adventure and travels on the rest of our days.

And now, it's time for me to eat my half of a 70% cocoa truffle and tuck my self into bed. After all, tomorrow *is* a work day!

No comments: