Friday, May 4, 2007

I LOVE GETTING A GREAT HAIRCUT!

We both went for haircuts today. I love my hair guy, Kevin Charles, and John and Donna both use him, too. Haircuts are always traumatic for me, as it really brings out my insecurities or something. But a GREAT haircut is a WONDERFUL feeling, and that's what I got today!

Oh, and I also had them put my purple/magenta stripe back in! Yay! Tink is BACK! LOL! I love my stripe! We went out for lunch afterwards, and as we got out of the car to go into the restaurant, I got the first of several cool comments about my hair. For someone with self-esteem issues inexorably related to at LEAST hair issues, this is a big deal.

The cut is a fabulous, severe, geometric bob: Very utilitarian, and very 'me'. I think the whole package sums up my personality perfectly. "Yes, she's very organized and hard-working and nose-to-the-grindstone and OCD, but she also has a wacky wild streak!"

Changed hotel reservations for Madrid this afternoon. I don't care if this IS a once in a lifetime trip, the miser in me simply cannot justify $600 for two nights at a hotel. For that much money, I would expect free room service and sex. At least. So we'll be staying at the Hotel Plaza Mayor, which was, after all, my first choice anyway. I just didn't think they had any roooms available. And 95 Euros a night is much more to my liking.

Last minute errands today while we were out: Cat food, toilet paper and a laser pointer. Sounds like the setup for a tacky joke, doesn't it? LOL!

My brother Randy is taking us to the airport on Monday. Donna is happy to do it, but her schedule would require that we sit around Detroit Metro for five hours before our flight. With a flight to Chicago followed by the flight to Dublin, an extra four hours wasting time at the front end just doesn't sound like a good idea. It's Donna's birthday this weekend, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm unpacking everything from my huge suitcase and moving it to my middle size suitcase. I figure people go all over Europe for six months with nothing but a backpack, so I should be able to downsize. We'll see how that works out. I'm not taking shampoo or stuff like that: I plan to get it there and leave it behind when we come home.

Have I mentioned that I LOVE the luggage that John bought me??? It's so..... ME!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is some pretty cool luggage! All I have is red, darn it.