Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Felting, Pubs and More Sheep!

I apologize for not writing more in this blog. It's just that we're having such a wonderful time, that it almost seems like a waste to spend glorious minutes holed up in our room to write an entry...

The sun rises at about 5:30 AM and doesn't set until well after 10 PM, which takes some getting used to. John is up with the sun in the morning, every day! He goes for long walks, takes tons of photos and is reading several books on Ireland and its history.

As for me, I'm obsessed with needle felting right now. Today we're going to the studio of one of Cheryl's friends: She is a felter and does breathtaking work! John and I both purchased great starter kits from her yesterday when she came to visit us at Mullac Fraoig. Unfortunately, we have to keep a close watch on the weight of our luggage: The round trip flight from Dublin to Madrid will only allow us 44 pounds per person (NOT per suitcase!) and any overage is charged at 8 Euro per kilo!!!

Yesterday was the last official day of class... Kind of bittersweet, as our little group is so cohesive and wonderful. But, as I told our students, this is not an end... It's a beginning! Workshop-only students have already begun to leave us, so the group is getting smaller and smaller.

Many many photos have been uploaded to our Snapfish site, so be sure to check it out. As for me, I'm going to grab some orange juice and soak in all the Ireland I can! Croagh Patrick seems to be floating on a bed of clouds this morning, and it's lovely!

No comments: